Trinity+St. Peter's has a beautiful tradition of music stretching back through its history. Our organ was built in 1924 by Ernest M. Skinner and is one of the finest unaltered examples of his artistry. It is one of three four-manual Skinner organs installed in San Francisco that year.
It was built after his second trip to Europe and reflects the influence of his long, creative association with the great English builder Henry Willis III. The organ’s 54 ranks of pipes contain many of the numerous orchestral imitative voices perfected by Skinner. Among them, the French Horn, Orchestral Oboe, Clarinet, Tuba Mirabilis, Erzahler, and eight ranks of strings. This wealth of orchestral color provides a range of expressiveness evocative of a symphony orchestra.